Happy new year. I don't want to add an exclamation point - a few people might be tired and headachey. I'm tired, but my head's fine.
All the Christmas stuff that was *fun* to drag out and place around the house, now looks like clutter and has to be returned to boxes and the closet. Not *fun*. Chris tweaked his back a couple days ago, so he can't lift or bend very well. The tree might remain in our family room with the top third of it decorated until he feels better.
A few things I've learned recently, that I should already know at my age...
- Don't pluck your eyebrows when you've been drinking.
- Sometimes severe flatulence in the car can linger for days, even if you have leather seats AND spray enough Lysol to make a small child retarded. [I didn't do it - fart, that is.]
- We buy our kids too much on Christmas and say we won't make the same mistake next year. We will NOT make the same mistake next year.
- When you're flambeing something - don't blow on it.
- Don't get all excited when your mother's in town helping you get the decorations OUT, and all tied, stapled and glue-gunned to the house. Because your mother LEAVES and you have to undo all that crap by yourself.
- When Toddler Child says he wants a stick so he can give the snowman an arm and help "like the Big Boys", guide his arm placement.
Wishing everyone health, happiness, and the courage, strength and peace to handle what life throws your way in 2009!
NOTE: Chris just read this and wants it known that he didn't have the severe flatulence in the car either.